Friday 17 June 2016

Sunday with Agatha Christie. Bigbury-on-Sea, Devon.



Bigbury-on-Sea. 

Bigbury-on-Sea is very small lovely village on south coast in Devon and it's very special place because of fantastic tidal island in 250 meters- Burgh Island with amazing posh famous hotel right there.  
I was lucky enough to get there when tide was low so I could just walk to island and back.




As I was saying before- I have met signs of Agatha Christie before around South West coast and this one was actually my first one. Christie was born in Torquay, Devon and one small story about this town I already have in my blog :D




Agatha Christie loved this small village and loved to stay in this hotel. They actually still have her room and I suppose all decorations in that room are still same as it was at that time. Prices are quite impressive I would say :D One night stay in Burgh Island Hotel in Christie room will cost you about £450 per night . Anyone want to try to write crime novel this summer ?! :D 


(this picture is not mine :P)


Did you know that during the war years she worked in pharmacy in London at University College Hospital. That's why many of characters in her crime novels were poisoned :)




By looking at this view I can actually totally understand why Christie loved this place. And not only her I can say. Quite a few famous guest enjoyed this place.   This view can inspire anyone :D




Very long sandy beach is very popular in water sports fans. 




How did I found out about this place? Easy. Staff meeting at work :P Basically I just saw one very beautiful picture in magazine right before meeting start and it was Bigbury beach picture. So yes, staff meetings can be very productive :D




One on the best beaches, ideal for family holidays or just a day on the beach. 





Like it? Share it! 





submit to reddit
Instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment